Wednesday, August 10, 2005


Property Insurance For College Kids

I saw a news story on t.v. about how parents need to worry about getting insurance to cover their college kid's possessions. Apparently, kids who stay in dorms will be covered by their parent's insurance, but those who take off-campus housing will need to get their own renters' insurance.

This was not a big problem when I went to college in the 1980s. Most college students didn't have computers or other expensive equipment. I'm sure there were some exceptions, but I went through my entire college career without ever buying a p.c. (let alone a laptop - did they even exist in the 1980s?).

I think the value of my possessions when I went to college was about $300.

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Free Counter