Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Working on a Saturday

So, here I am at work on a beautiful Saturday morning, when I should be home doing laundry and snuggling with my kitty. But, actually, I don't mind too much, because the case I'm working on is interesting and kind of sexy. I'm also learning an entirely new area of law (for me) - false advertising - and getting a chance to work with some of the fun people in our advertising group.

This is only the third or fourth time I've had to work on a weekend since I joined this law firm in September of last year, compared to the many times I had to work weekends at the Evil Empire.

I tell you. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to have escaped that life of indentured servitude. I had drinks with my two best friends from my Evil Empire days the other night - one of whom is still there. My heart went out to her as I listened to her tale of woe and I shook my head in amazement thinking about the sick, dysfunctional, insanity that passes for professionalism at a large New York law firm.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Free Counter
Counters