Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

The Big Issue of the Day: Should Summer Associates Blog?

The question was posted by ambivalent imbroglio who is preparing to start his summer job at the public defender's office:

"If you're a law student with a blog, you're probably wondering how much you'll be able to say about your job on your blog. No? Well, I am. And since my class in ‚Äúprofessional responsibility‚ÄĚ didn't address blogging at all (I can't imagine why), I'd love to hear from lawyers, other law students, professors, whomever, about the ethics and boundaries of blawgging a summer job."

Several blawgers have weighed in, as of posting time:

Legal Ethics Forum - Don't Blog!

Cathy - Whaddya mean Don't Blog? Of course, Blog! But Blog with guidelines.

Conglomerate - Blog if you must - but assume your clients and your employer are reading.

Tech Law Geek - Don't Blog, but if you must Blog, be meaningful and be yourself

Three Years of Hell - Blog, but not about work.


I am going to give this some thought and add my two cents tomorrow.

Love the Lawgirl
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Free Counter
Counters